The UNSW Data Governance tool is called Data Cookbook, and it supports the UNSW Data & Information Governance committee framework and data ownership model. It also supports key data governance, data ownership and data stewardship activities. This tool is how the UNSW data and information governance operating model is being implemented.
The Data Cookbook tool is the primary way that UNSW manages business glossaries, data dictionary and reference data.
All UNSW staff and contractors can view the Data Cookbook here - click here to access.
You will redirected a UNSW login page and will need to enter your zID@ad.unsw.edu.au and password to access the UNSW Data Cookbook.
If you are a Data Owner or Data Steward please log in first and then advise the Data & Information Governance team so we can add you to the relevant groups.
If you require technical support for Data Cookbook please click this link and log a ticket: Data Cookbook Support Request
Data Cookbook Training & Support Materials
- Just-in-Time-Training Videos - Short videos that focus on specific features or tasks within Data Cookbook, such as creating a definition. Start here if you are a new user or if you perform a task within a workflow.
- Workshop Wednesdays - This series offers topical discussions of features and best practices for Data Cookbook and data management. Videos are about 35 minutes long.
- Recorded Public Webinars - Recorded webinars on various Data Cookbook and Data Governance related topics.
- Data Cookbook Forums - Browse all the Data Cookbook Community forums.
- Data Cookbook User's Guide - Reference documentation for users of the Data Cookbook. The users guide includes descriptions of workflows and feature.