Where there is a requirement to use data from one system in another system it is a requirement to obtain a signed data sharing agreement that has been approved by the relevant Data Owner. If you are unable to ascertain who is the Data Owner please contact the Data & Information Governance Office.
Content of Data Sharing Agreements
- Purpose of the agreement
- Protocol statement
- What information is being disclosed and collected and the purpose(s) of each
- The frequency and duration of information exchanged
- The legal authority to disclose and collect the information
- The methods and security measures for transferring and storing the information
- Procedures in the event there is a privacy or security breach
- Limitations for collection, use, disclosure and retention
All new use cases must be reviewed by the Data Owner or their delegate for acceptable use.
All reported data must be aggregated and cannot display any personally identifying information unless approved by the Data Owner or their delegate.
Any ad hoc analyses or other use of the data, not specified in this Agreement, is not permitted without the prior written agreement of the Data Owner.
The following items must be included:
- Compliance monitoring
- Termination process
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Complete the Data Sharing Agreement template (see below)
- Obtain signature from Data Owner and, in the case of Personal Information data sharing, the Privacy officer
- Lodge signed form to Data & Information Governance Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commence discussions with UNSW IT re access to data.
If you need help
Please contact the Data & Information Governance office via email: email@example.com